This policy outlines the type of data collected when using the "GOWOD" Application, how it is used and how it is shared.
1. Collection of personal data
The personal data collected via the Application, website and GOWOD platform are as follows :
Create an Account
When creating the User's account, his name, first name, e-mail address and date of birth.
When the User logs on to the Application, website and platform, they shall record, in particular, his/her surname, first name, login, usage, location and payment details.
Using the benefits provided on the Application allows you to fill in a profile, including surnames, forenames, date of birth, gender.
The information requested in order to complete the User's profile may also include the name of the CrossFit Affiliate Room in which the Application User trains mainly (the term "Garage Gym" may be used if the User does not train in a CrossFit Affiliate Room), as well as the User's CrossFit technical level of training (identified under the term "Category" of the User Profile).
In connection with the payment of products and services offered on the Application, the website and the platform, they record financial data relating to the User's bank account or credit card.
2.Use of personal data
The purpose of the personal data collected from Users is to provide GOWOD Application related services, improve them and maintain a secure environment. Specifically, the uses are as follows :
- Access and use of the Application by the User and related services;
- Management of the functioning, optimization and improvement of the Application, the website and the platform;
- Verification, identification and authentication of data transmitted by the User ;
- Implementation of user support
- Fraud prevention and detection, malware and security incident management; management of possible disputes with Users
- Sending commercial and advertising information, according to the User's preferences.
3.Sharing personal data with third parties
Personal data may be shared with third party companies in the following cases :
- When the User uses the payment services, for the implementation of these services, the platform of putting in touch with third party banking and financial companies with which it has concluded a contract.
- When the User authorizes the website of a third party to access its data
- When the platform uses the services of service providers to provide user support, payment services and possible advertising. These service providers have limited access to the User's data in connection with the performance of these services and have a contractual obligation to use them in accordance with the provisions of the applicable regulations on the protection of personal data.
- If required by law, the platform can carry out data transmission to follow up on claims against the platform and comply with administrative and judicial procedures ;
- If the platform is involved in a merger, acquisition, sale of assets or receivership, it may be required to sell or share all or part of its assets, including personal data. In this case, the Users will be informed before personal data are transferred to a third party.
4.Transfer of personal data
Due to the organization of the company responsible for the platform, possibly within an international group, the User authorizes the platform and GOWOD Company to transfer, store and process its information in the United States. The laws in force in this country may differ from those applicable in the User's place of residence within the European Union. By using the platform, website or GOWOD Application, the User consents to the transfer of his/her personal data to the United States.
The platform remains responsible for personal data that is shared with third parties under the Privacy Shield.
The platform complies with the rules of the Privacy Shield, as formulated by the U. S. Department of Commerce regarding the collection, use and retention of personal data transferred to the United States from the European Union. The Platform has told the U. S. Department of Commerce that it adheres to the principles of privacy shield. In the event of a conflict between the terms of the clause and the principles of the Privacy Shield, the latter shall prevail.
5.Security and confidentiality
The platform implements organizational, technical, software and physical measures in digital security to protect personal data against unauthorized alteration, disruption and access. In order to meet this commitment, GOWOD uses the services of third-party companies specialized in the storage and security of digital data. However, it is important to note that the Internet is not a completely secure environment and the platform cannot guarantee the security of transmission or storage of information on the Internet.
6.Implementation of Users' rights
In accordance with the regulations applicable to personal data, Users have the following rights :
- They can update or delete their personal data by logging in to their account and configuring the account settings ;
- They can delete their account by accessing their profile on the GOWOD Application, on the website or by writing to:firstname.lastname@example.org
- They can exercise their right of access, to know the personal data concerning them, by writing to the following e-mail address email@example.com In this case, prior to the implementation of this right the platform may request proof of the User's identity in order to verify its accuracy;
- If the personal data held by the platform are inaccurate, they may request an update of the information by accessing their profile on the GOWOD Application or by writing to the following e-mail address :firstname.lastname@example.org
- Users may request the deletion of their personal data in accordance with applicable data protection laws by writing to the following e-mail address :email@example.com
7. Evolution of the privacy and personal data protection policy
The Platform reserves the right to make any changes to this clause relating to the protection of personal data at any time. If a modification is made to this clause, the platform undertakes to publish the new version on its Application. It will also inform the User of the change by e-mail, within a minimum of 15 days before the effective date. If the User does not agree with the terms of the new wording of the personal data protection clause, he/she may delete his/her account and unsubscribe from the services offered by GOWOD.
With regard to the protection of personal data, the User acknowledges that he/she is solely responsible for the use he/she makes of the GOWOD Application and the information he/she shares. It is also the responsibility of any User to take all appropriate measures to protect his/her own data and/or software stored on his/her computer and telephone equipment against any damage. GOWOD Company shall in no way be held legally liable for damages of any kind caused to Users, their terminals, computer and telephone equipment and data stored therein, nor for any consequences that may result from this on their personal, professional or commercial activities.